Another great Thanksgiving has come and gone, filled with laughter, family, and of course; food. As we all recover and prepare for round 2: leftovers, I thought I would share what I’m thankful for today, and always.
1. The unbreakable spirit of humans. We can always bounce back if we try hard enough because we are a self-healing species.
2. That there are and always will be people who are smarter than me, those who have experienced more than I have or ever will. That I will always have these people to learn from and create new experiences with.
3. My siblings, the people that I can go to that will always be there even if it is with a nerf gun war ready to happen.
4. My parents because their support means more to me than anyone could ever know.
5. Clean sheets and a warm bed.
6. Loyola University Chicago, a place that I never realized would feel so much like home and change me in ways I never expected.
7. The opportunity to go to college and the idea that people believe in me enough to give me scholarships to follow my dreams.
8. My experiences in college and Chicago, something I never imagined could happen, and yet, it did.
9. The friends who loved me before I had learned to love myself, the ones who taught me how to love who I am.
10. Big hugs.
11. Being able to see the beauty in the world everyday.
12. All of my extended family, especially all of my crazy cousins.
13. Technology that helps me keep in contact with those I love, no matter how far away they are.
14. Tea and honey.
15. My responsibilities to my family, schoolwork, friends, and job because it means that I have all of these things in my life.
17. Cameras, because they can eternally capture the beauty of things that my eyes cannot.
18. The people in my life who inspire me because they are truly living.
19. When you fall so in love with a song that you listen to it on repeat for 20 minutes and learn every lyric because it speaks to your soul.
21. My resilient body that refuses to give in to whatever is making me sick.
22. The health of my friends and family.
24. That each day is a new start, a new path, and that you can live that day however you want to.
25. Theatre, and how it has introduced me to all of my best friends.
26. Dogs and puppies.
27. All of my past teachers, for they were the ones to help teach me who I am and who I strive to be.
28. Different languages and cultures and the opportunity to learn and adventure within them.
29. “I love you.”
30. Everything that I have struggled with, experienced, laughed about, and cried about, simply because without them I would not be the person I am today, nor on the track to be the person I will be in the future.